I love a good slow cooker meal! Especially when it’s super easy to make and it’s brimming with flavors that my whole family loves. My Slow Cooker Sweet Chili Pork Ribs are a family favorite that I’m so excited to share. Serve with rice and a vegetable for a complete delicious dinner.
Country pork ribs are slow cooked in a sweet chili sauce that is super easy to make. Afterwards, the sauce is strained and thickened with cornstarch to make the most delicious glaze for the ribs. This recipe is so delicious and perfect for a weeknight dinner or special Sunday feast.
Your Grocery List
There are many staple ingredients in these Slow Cooker Sweet Chili Pork Ribs. Here’s the full list of what you’ll need:
- 5 lbs bone-in country style pork ribs (do not get boneless!)
- Soy Sauce
- Brown sugar
- Rice vinegar
- Chili garlic sauce
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh ginger
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Green onions
- Sesame seeds
How to Make Slow Cooker Sweet Chili Pork Ribs
This is going to be the simplest step-by-step I’ve ever shown. Place the ribs in a large slow cooker. Make sure you buy bone-in country ribs! I’ve used boneless before in recipes like this and they were dry. There’s something about having the bone that keeps them moist.
Next, make the sauce by whisking together ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce, fresh minced garlic, fresh minced or grated ginger, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Pour the sauce over the ribs then use tongs to toss gently and coat the ribs.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the ribs are “fall apart” tender. Carefully transfer the ribs to a platter, cover with foil to keep warm, then make the sauce. Use a fine mesh strainer to strain the cooking liquid into a saucepan.
Next, take out about 1/3 cup liquid into a cup or small bowl. Add 2 heaping tablespoons of cornstarch and whisk with a fork to make a slurry. Pour slurry into the sauce and stir to combine. Bring a boil for a few minutes or until sauce thickens to a glaze.
Pour some of the glaze over the ribs, garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, then devour. Serve with rice and a vegetable like steamed green beans or broccoli. Extra sauce can be pour over the rice as well.
You just can’t go wrong with a meal like Slow Cooker Sweet Chili Pork Ribs. They are so flavorful and easy to prepare! I know you’ll love them!
More Slow Cooker Favorites To Try
Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy – VIRAL RECIPE!
Slow Cooker Sweet Chili Pork Ribs
- 5 pounds bone-in country style pork ribs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure honey
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh peeled ginger (about 1 inch piece), minced or finely grated
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
For garnish and serving:
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Cooked rice
- Place ribs in a 6-8 quart slow cooker.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce, garlic, ginger, onion powder, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine then pour over ribs.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until ribs are "fall apart" tender. Remove ribs from sauce, place on a platter, then cover with foil to keep warm.
- Use a fine mesh strainer to strain the cooking liquid into a saucepan. Take out about 1/3 cup using a cup or small bowl. Add cornstarch and stir with a fork until no lumps remain. Pour back into sauce. Bring to a boil, stir often, until it thickens into a glaze (3-5 minutes).
- Pour half of glaze over the ribs then garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve with cooked rice. Use remaining sauce for spooning over rice if desired.